The conference begins earnest prep for league play with an almost full slate of Saturday games (only Ohio State sits out today). They’ll be some great Top 25 intersectional battles – Illinois/Arizona, Duke/Michigan, BYU/Michigan State, some border wars – Indiana/Kentucky, PSU/Seton Hall, and some instate rivalries – Iowa/Iowa State, Marquette/Wisconsin. Should be a good Saturday for B10 Hoops viewing.
- Illinois 70 Arizona 68 (ESPN noon)
- Indiana 67 Kentucky 62 (CBS 4PM)
- Iowa St 59 Iowa 55
- Duke 91 Michigan 60 (CBS 2PM)
- BYU 69 Mich St 69
- Minn 78 Colorado St 54
- W Mich 79 Northwestern 69
- PSU 77 Seton Hall 71 (BTN 8PM)
- Missouri 77 Purdue 68 (ESPN2 4PM)
- Wisconsin 68 Marquette 63 (ESPN2 6PM)
I guess I’ll have to call for an overtime game for BYU/MSU.
Note: My prediction algorithm is based on Ken Pomeroy offensive and defensive efficiency ratings. I use my own methodology to tweak his ratings based on where the game is being played, then calculate a predicted score using the adjusted efficiency ratings and the expected pace of the game.